In the U.S., summer is typically an active season for weather-related disasters, such as drought, brush fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, and tsunamis. The natural disasters occurring during the summer months have resulted in damaged property, loss of lives, and injuries to plenty of people. Natural disasters could strike at any time, so it’s critical to be prepared.
As summer revs up, watch out for these natural disasters common to the season. The following are some of the catastrophic events that usually occur during summer:
- Hurricanes –Hurricanes, with the accompanying wind, water, and flood, cause a lot of destruction in areas where they hit. When hurricanes gather strength, buildings, trees, and water infrastructures are commonly destroyed. The storms can also knock down power lines, posing a risk of electrocution.
- Tornadoes – Tornadoes are characterized by whirling winds and debris and can endanger life and property. They are common from spring until the middle of summer but can occur any time of the year.
- Tsunamis – Earthquakes and strong hurricanes cause tsunamis, producing wide trains of waves that can reach the speed of more than 500 mph and several feet in height. They bring massive floods and leave unimaginable destruction in their wake.
- Floods – Floods are becoming more common in the U.S., with flash floods as the top weather-related killer. A few inches of water could bring extensive damage to homes and buildings. Heavy rains, levee breaches, and tsunamis cause floods. Many floods occur in areas that cannot absorb rainwater.
- Fires – The heat of the summer and the years of drought experienced in many parts of the country can precipitate massive forest fires that, in many instances, affect dwellings. Spontaneous combustion, volcanic eruption, and faulty electrical wires are other common causes of fires.
People can safeguard lives and property by making preparations for the onset of any weather-related disasters. While these events cannot be avoided, people can mitigate the effects of the disasters.
The Disaster Company can help with Utah fire restoration in the event of fire damage. Our company can also perform other types of Utah disaster clean up services, drawing on our many years of expertise and a record of unparalleled professionalism.